This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
If the source code for the program is not available from the place from which you received this file, check http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
The authors shall not in any way be liable for any damage or legal consequences as a result of using this software. We make absolutly no warranties about the reliability of this software. Use it at your own risks !
VNC is a great and famous remote controle, multi-OS tool, created at the ATT Research Labs de Cambridge-http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc
This Ultr@VNC version is based on: - RealVNC 336 & 337 and includes: - Most of eSVNC 1.1.2 r2 functionnalities - Most of Vdacc-VNC functionnalities - Cursor handling code and Tight encoding from TightVNC - VNC QuickDesk toolbar code - And various code modifications coming from talented developpers.
- Since v1.0.0 RC 12, Ultr@VNC FileTransfer can transfer whole Directories. For this it uses "zip32.dll" and "unzip32.dll" dll files and source code coming from the Info-Zip group. Please see at the end of this document (section 7.) for details about these dlls.
- Since v1.0.0 RC 12, the viewer Toolbar looks professionnal, thanks to Lim Chee Aun (http://www.phoenity.com/) who has designed it.
Ultr@VNC brings tons of functionnalities and high performances even over modem connections.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Many thanks to all people who help us developping, testing, stabilizing, answering users questions and animating the forum and the mailing list ------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. *** Features *****************************************************
* Auto configuration and Quick Options for easy connections.
* Viewer Toolbar for a quick access to the main functions and greatly improved ergonomy.
* High Speed. On W2000 and XP, Ultr@VNC can use an additional and optionnal Video Hook Driver (aka Mirror Driver) that dramatically improves performances and reduces CPU activity over LAN connections. So when the bandwidth is good - typically over a LAN - Ultr@VNC lets you work on a remote computer with an incredible 'real-time' feeling (hundreds of screen updates per second), just as if you were sitting in front of it. A WinVNC server under Win9x uses the standard hookdll in combination with ddi hooking to improve the updates handling. Ultr@VNC also features an ultra fast Fullscreen Polling mode without any additionnal driver. Whatever the connection speed, Ultr@VNC brings you optimal comfort. Note that this driver is distributed separatly from Ultr@VNC.
* Embedded File Transfer with intuitive Graphical User Interface allowing for easy file copy between local and remote computers. It uses the current VNC connection and files are compressed during their transfer. File transfers can be asynchronous so screen updates can continue while a file is being transfered in background. The delta transfer mode allows to resume interrupted transfers.
* MS Logon/NT security support. You can manage server access using MS Users, Domains and Groups. It also includes a logging feature where all actions are written to a log file.
* Bandwidth Saving Strategies that provide optimal responsiveness over slow connections: Server Screen Scaling, Cache Management , Local Cursor handling, reduced colors modes (256, 64, 8, Grey scales).
* Advanced JavaViewer featuring FileTransfer, MSLogon and reduced color modes.
* Data Stream Modification Plugin System allowing any kind of operation on the data exchanged between client and server, from an external DLL (independant, not linked and not distributed with Ultr@VNC): additionnal rights checking, communication timing, data recording/persitence, encryption... it's up to the DLL developper.
* Optionnal "always-on-top" Viewer Status Window dynamically displaying connection informations.
* Various View Modes including Full-Screen, Scaled and Windowed. Full-Screen mode lets you see the remote screen on the entire screen of your display. Scaled Viewer mode lets you see the scaled remote screen in a window with a user defined size. Scaled Server mode generates less network traffic from server side and use a pixel blending algorithm to optimize the display. Fuzzy Mode combines Server and Viewer scaling to provide reasonable visual comfort and speed even over very slow connections. The Autoscaling mode scales the view so it fits the viewer screen.
* Dynamic Single Window/Full Desktop view switching, from viewer side. * Server's Desktop resolution switching without disconnection. * Dynamic Mouse and Keyboard locking on remote server, from viewer side. * Server Screen Blanking, from viewer side
* Embedded Client/Server Text Chat.
* Possibility to send Ctrl-Alt-Del to the remote server (when WinVNC is run as a service), or any other special key.
* Support for 32/24/16/8 bits colors. Both Ultr@VNC Viewer and Server are compatible with RealVNC, TightVNC, eSVNC, PalmVNC2 (with server scaling feature)... Ultr@VNC server can work as a Service under all supported operating systems, allowing remote user Logon/Logoff as well as Remote Shutdown.
* Connectivity: Standard Viewer and HTTP JavaViewer connections over TCP/IP, as well as XDMCP direct X11 connection (still experimental).
3. *** List of included files ****************************************
- readme.txt : This text file - License.txt : GNU General Public License. PLEASE Read it ! - Whatsnew.txt : Latest modifs, fixes, features...
- WinVNC.exe : Ultr@VNC Server - VNCHooks.dll : Library used in WinVNC.exe
- vncviewer.exe : Ultr@VNC Viewer
- Vncddihk.dll : Win9x video hook driver dll - 16bithlp.exe : Win9x video hook driver exe
- repeater.exe : The repeater exe
- VNCHooks_settings.reg : Default Registry Settings for WinVNC
* These 7 files are used with WinVNC for MS Logon functionnalities over the various Win versions and configurations:
- logging.dll : needed, does event and file logging - authadmin.dll : if present, give localadmin access - workgrpdomnt4.dll : Workgroup and NT4 domain checking - ldapauth.dll : Active directory W2K up - ldapauth9x.dll : Active Directory 9X - ldapauthnt4.dll : Active Directory NT4 - authSSP : MS-Logon II (aka New MS-Logon) - MSLogonACL.exe : Import/export utility for MS-Logon II ACL
- zip32.dll : These 2 dlls are used by vncviewer.exe and - unzip32.dll : WinVNC to perform Directory Transfers
* Depending on he language you've chosen, you can get one off several files:
- lang.dll - french.dll - german.dll - ...
* Depending on the package, the following files may be included as well, possibly in subdirectories:
- Video Driver setup and functionnality: SetupDrv.exe, vncdrv.dll, vnchelp.dll, vncdrv.inf, vncdrv.sys, vnccom.sys...
- Others Languages: French & German vncviewer.exe, French WinVNC.exe ...
4. Versions History
Please see the whatsnew.txt file for versions history
5. KNOWN ISSUES
Please see Ultr@VNC Forum and Mailing list
Please see Ultr@VNC Web site and Forum
* How does Ultr@VNC use Info-Zip
Ultra WinVNC and vncviewer both use 2 dlls for Directory Transfer:
* Zip32.dll It is the original Info-Zip Zip 2.3 version (without encryption) that can be found on the Info-Zip sites, as well as its source code: http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/ ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip
* Unzip32.dll Has been compiled using the portable unzip550 source code that can be found on the Info-Zip sites: http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/ ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip THE ONLY thing that was modified is that the "crypt.c" and "crypt.h" files have been replaced with the dummy (null) ones coming from the Zip 2.3 sources. So this unzip32.dll IS NOT the original Info-Zip "unzip32.dll" and does not contain any encryption/decryption code or binary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- For any bug/pb regarding the use of these dlls by Ultr@VNC (Directory Transfer), please only send mails to Ultr@VNC team (http://ultravnc.sf.net) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Following, the Info-Zip full License
This is version 2003-May-08 of the Info-ZIP copyright and license. The definitive version of this document should be available at ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/license.html indefinitely.
Copyright (c) 1990-2003 Info-ZIP. All rights reserved.
For the purposes of this copyright and license, "Info-ZIP" is defined as the following set of individuals:
Mark Adler, John Bush, Karl Davis, Harald Denker, Jean-Michel Dubois, Jean-loup Gailly, Hunter Goatley, Ian Gorman, Chris Herborth, Dirk Haase, Greg Hartwig, Robert Heath, Jonathan Hudson, Paul Kienitz, David Kirschbaum, Johnny Lee, Onno van der Linden, Igor Mandrichenko, Steve P. Miller, Sergio Monesi, Keith Owens, George Petrov, Greg Roelofs, Kai Uwe Rommel, Steve Salisbury, Dave Smith, Christian Spieler, Antoine Verheijen, Paul von Behren, Rich Wales, Mike White
This software is provided "as is," without warranty of any kind, express or implied. In no event shall Info-ZIP or its contributors be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, definition, disclaimer, and this list of conditions.
2. Redistributions in binary form (compiled executables) must reproduce the above copyright notice, definition, disclaimer, and this list of conditions in documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. The sole exception to this condition is redistribution of a standard UnZipSFX binary (including SFXWiz) as part of a self-extracting archive; that is permitted without inclusion of this license, as long as the normal SFX banner has not been removed from the binary or disabled.
3. Altered versions--including, but not limited to, ports to new operating systems, existing ports with new graphical interfaces, and dynamic, shared, or static library versions--must be plainly marked as such and must not be misrepresented as being the original source. Such altered versions also must not be misrepresented as being Info-ZIP releases--including, but not limited to, labeling of the altered versions with the names "Info-ZIP" (or any variation thereof, including, but not limited to, different capitalizations), "Pocket UnZip," "WiZ" or "MacZip" without the explicit permission of Info-ZIP. Such altered versions are further prohibited from misrepresentative use of the Zip-Bugs or Info-ZIP e-mail addresses or of the Info-ZIP URL(s).
4. Info-ZIP retains the right to use the names "Info-ZIP," "Zip," "UnZip," "UnZipSFX," "WiZ," "Pocket UnZip," "Pocket Zip," and "MacZip" for its own source and binary releases.